The business environment is witnessing rapid changes that are impacting the way organizations conduct their business. The current demographic, environmental and technological changes, growth of e-commerce, increase in knowledge development, regulatory changes and globalization among others are among factors that are currently influencing the way organizations conduct businesses.
As a result, organizations need to sustain action to attract, retain, motivate and manage competent employee to drive growth, competitiveness and profitability and deliver on set goals. To achieve these requires that the human resource management strategy is aligned with the overall corporate strategy of an organization.
Therefore, Development Finance Institutions and other financial institutions need to constantly review, improve and develop new skills and capacity to be competitive.
The 2018 Consultative Workshop for Human Resource and Training Managers will retool skills and improve knowledge on current issues impacting human resource management in Development Finance Institutions and share perspectives in developing methodology for harnessing human resource toward achieving organizational goals. The participants will improve skills in creating competitive human resource strategy, develop competence to bring their HR and Training management up to date, and use their HR to enhance organizational competitive advantage.
Discuss current trends and issues in Human Capital Management & Capacity Building in DFIs. Discuss how to scale up capacity-building in DFIs and among others.
- Overview of Organizational Development
- Trends and Challenges for HR Management
- HR Strategy and Organization’s Business Strategy
- Performance Management Cycle
- Workplace Communication
- Leadership, Coaching and Mentoring
- Career Planning and Talent Management
- Value Proposition and Quality Management
- Training Management and Administration
- Technology and Influence on HR/Training
- Corporate Governance and Regulatory Issues for DFIs
- Understanding AADFI PSGRS and Impact of Skill Development for DFIs
- Review of AADFI Capacity-Building Strategy
Who should attend?
Officials in Human Resource and Training Management Heads of Human Resource and Training, HR and Training Managers, Admin and Officers involved in HR, Training and Administrative functions.
The workshop will be interactive with the use of case studies, practical exercise and working in groups, and presentations.